Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014


MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP PICKS


I don't wear makeup every day but when I do, I have a routine that I like to stick to. There are always certain steps I take when doing my makeup, so I thought I would share the products I am currently in love with!

1. I start off my makeup routine by applying the MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer (nc15). This concealer is usually used under the eyes but I mainly use it for covering blemishes and redness around the nose. It doesn't budge and stays on for the whole day.

2. The second thing I use is the MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid (nc15) to even out my skin. The maximum amount of this foundation you should use is 1,5 pumps but I tend to use even less as it can look really obvious on the skin.

3. The third step is applying a touch of the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer And Highlighter (010 Ivory) under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, on my chin and inbetween my brows. This helps to further conceal and also acts as a highlight. I love this concealer as it feels super lightweight yet gives great coverage.












4. Next I go onto contouring. For this I use the Bourjois Bronzing Primer. This is a product that has been compared to the Soleil Tan de Chanel and might I add, smells really sweet and chocolatey.
To set my T-zone I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (001 Transparent).

5. For the inner parts of my eyebrows I use a light eyeshadow from my Sleek Eyeshadow palette (Au Naturel 601) and for the tails I use the ARTDECO Eye Brow Powder (shade 5). Using two different shades gives a more natural looking brow.

6. After that I prime my eyelids using the Lumene Eyeshadow Primer and move onto eyeshadow. Depending on my mood, I will either use my Sleek Eyeshadow Palette in Au Naturel 601 or The Original 594. The first one mostly has matte shades whereas the second one is a spectrum of sparkly eyeshadows.

7. I like to define my eyes with the ARTDECO Waterproof Eyepencil (shade 83). It's a brownish shade, great for every day use, plus it stays put the whole day.

8. Then I curl my lashes and apply the L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara. Since I started using waterproof mascaras, the curl stays like never before. This mascara gives length, separates and volumizes all at the same time. It is definitely one of my holy grail products.

9. For blusher I use the MAC Cosmetics Blush in Peaches and for lightlighter I use The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, this goes on my cheekbones, cupid's bow, tear duct area and nose bridge.

10. To prep my lips I use The Body Shop Hemp lip balm and Rimmel Apocalips (500 Luna).


What are some of your holy grail products?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Doris. This is an absolutely fantastic post.

    Do check my blog and let me know if you'd like to follow each other.
    www.icynosure.in

    ReplyDelete